Tumeric has been used in China and India for centuries as a spice in cooking. There are a lot of health benefits associated with this spice, particularly when it is paired with black pepper, as a certain ingredient in the black pepper increases the body’s absorption of curcumin (an element found in turmeric that has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties).
Turmeric also makes for an interesting addition in drinks as seen in one of our previous posts, where we shared a recipe for Golden Milk Latte.
So if you’re wondering what else to do with turmeric, here’s another drink for you!
Iced Turmeric Lemonade
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice (or as much ice as you want, depending on how hot it is!)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon natural sweetener, such as coco sugar or honey
- 1 pinch of black pepper
How to prepare:
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend for 1 minute or until the ice is crushed and the ingredients are blended together well.
- If you don’t have a blender, you can pour the water and lemon juice in a pitcher and then stir in the sweetener and turmeric powder until everything is blended together. (Add the ice in later.)
- Let the mixture sit for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Pour lemonade into glasses.
- Add more ice and/or sweetener according to your taste.
This recipe is good for two glasses of lemonade, but you can make more by doubling the servings above to make four glasses for you and your friends on a hot day!
What are you waiting for? Order some turmeric here to get you started!
If you have recipes or experiences with our products that you would like to share, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org